I’ve driven by it about a dozen times on South Lamar, but finally gave Odd Duck a try this past Friday. I was delighted that there wasn’t mandatory valet during lunch and it wasn’t crowded. We got seated right away, which made my Urban Spoon reservation unnecessary, and the bar had purse-hooks in convenient locations. Plus we got to see all the action in the centralized kitchen, like watching them create those zucchini pancakes. When it comes to ambiance, I like the minimalist/industrial feel. I’m also a fan of all the food being locally-sourced.
I ordered the Orange Margarita and the Soft Shell Crab Tacos and was not disappointed. My friend’s Summerthyme drink (Ransom gin, cucumber soda, dill, thyme) was also delicious.
2 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- HBO GO Pick of the Week: Girls
- Whedon Watch: “In Your Eyes”
- Netflix Instant Pick of the Week: Rectify
- ATX Television Festival: Day Three: Roswell’s 15-year reunion
- ATX Television Festival: Day Two
- ATX Television Festival: Day One
- Tune into the ATX Television Festival This Weekend
- Odd Duck
- The Remembering Process made this Chickster time travel
- Netflix Instant Mother’s Day Pick of the Week: The Guilt Trip
- Chick Flick Picks: Fed Up and Neighbors
- Bookworm Reviews: Angel Sometimes and Austin Author Helen Ginger
- Chick Flick Picks: The Other Woman
- Beautimous: Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Guest Post: Yoga for Wellness #6
Buy Chickster t-shirts and more on CafePress!