Chickster Speaks about Blogging and Social Media at Crave Event
One-third of Chickster spoke at a CRAVE event last Thursday titled “Starting a Relationship with Your Blog, Facebook and Twitter,” and boy what an intelligent and informative group of women (both within the panel and the audience.)
If you haven’t heard of CRAVE yet, it’s a curated collection of shops and businesses brought to you by exceptional women entrepreneurs. The Austin branch is headed by Sarah Davis, Austin’s city partner, who hosted this event at Heartsong Music.
Jenn Larson spoke very well about the business side of blogging, which she has a great deal of experience with through the handling of all blogging for Bump Club and Beyond Austin.
Bradi Fisher helped with navigating the minutia of Facebook, something she’s well-versed in since she’s currently building her own social media company. Currently, she performs social media for both Cheer Up Buttercups and Great Moments in Parenting.
Leah Milius gave a very informative discussion of Twitter’s finer points and misconceptions. Currently, the owner of Windspeed Digital, a social media and digital marketing company, she’s certainly well-versed in everything Twitter, social media and marketing.
Suzi Brown guided the audience through the elusive waters of the new Google+. As a strategic marketing consultant with various previous roles at GSD&M under her belt, Suzi certainly knows how to steer effective marketing strategies with the use of tools like Google+ and others.
Overall it was a fount of knowledge and a very successful meeting of many intelligent minds in the female entrepreneurial space. If you have a chance to catch a CRAVE event in the future, I highly recommend it.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- The Revamped SoLa Alamo and Highball
- HBO GO Pick of the Week: Girls
- Whedon Watch: “In Your Eyes”
- Netflix Instant Pick of the Week: Rectify
- ATX Television Festival: Day Three: Roswell’s 15-year reunion
- ATX Television Festival: Day Two
- ATX Television Festival: Day One
- Tune into the ATX Television Festival This Weekend
- Odd Duck
- The Remembering Process made this Chickster time travel
- Netflix Instant Mother’s Day Pick of the Week: The Guilt Trip
- Chick Flick Picks: Fed Up and Neighbors
- Bookworm Reviews: Angel Sometimes and Austin Author Helen Ginger
- Chick Flick Picks: The Other Woman
- Beautimous: Beauty Subscription Boxes
Buy Chickster t-shirts and more on CafePress!