Going Steady with Fit Steady: The Wrap-Up
This month, I had the opportunity to try Fit Steady, an online matchmaking service to help you find your perfect personal trainer. (You can read previous posts in this series here and here.) Melanie, the founder of Fit Steady and their matchmaker extraordinaire, hooked me up with Mary De Leon of Cornerstone Health and Fitness Training Studio.
During our four half-hour training sessions this month, Mary introduced me to a number of different strength-training, core-intensive and high-intensity interval moves that I can now incorporate on my own into many different workout routines. The best part about that is that it pretty much guarantees I’ll never get bored at the gym again. Mary also worked to personalize all of the exercises for me, creating modifications where I needed them and adding stretches for my lats and chest before I worked those areas. In the process, I also learned more about the equipment I’ve seen at the gym but always been too intimidated to use, like the Bosu and foam rollers. As a trainer, Mary specializes in postural strength, which is definitely my weakness. I’ve seen the most results from those moves as well as from the other lifestyle tips she shared. In fact, I’m writing this post while standing at my kitchen counter right now, putting those core muscles to work.
One unexpected perk of working with a personal trainer was all of the awesome nutritional guidance I got. I knew we’d work my body, but I didn’t know I’d get advice on what to fuel myself with as well. Mary listened to my eating habits and helped me modify them in a way that didn’t feel torturous or like I was depriving myself of too much.
Throughout my month of training with Mary, I hit the gym three times a week, in addition to our weekly sessions, and also paid more attention to what I ate, and despite being a little sidelined by a bronchial spasm that turned into a couple weeks of bronchitis, I still managed to lose four pounds and an inch off my waist in just four weeks.
If you’re looking to jump-start your fitness goals, I highly recommend using Fit Steady to find your perfect-match trainer. If you do give Fit Steady a try, let us know how you liked it!
1 Comment + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- HBO GO Pick of the Week: Girls
- Whedon Watch: “In Your Eyes”
- Netflix Instant Pick of the Week: Rectify
- ATX Television Festival: Day Three: Roswell’s 15-year reunion
- ATX Television Festival: Day Two
- ATX Television Festival: Day One
- Tune into the ATX Television Festival This Weekend
- Odd Duck
- The Remembering Process made this Chickster time travel
- Netflix Instant Mother’s Day Pick of the Week: The Guilt Trip
- Chick Flick Picks: Fed Up and Neighbors
- Bookworm Reviews: Angel Sometimes and Austin Author Helen Ginger
- Chick Flick Picks: The Other Woman
- Beautimous: Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Guest Post: Yoga for Wellness #6
Buy Chickster t-shirts and more on CafePress!