’90s Nostalgia: Recess Arcade Bar
The new Recess Arcade Bar at the intersection of Sixth and San Jacinto is my new favorite arcade bar. Though there’re a handful of them in downtown, this one has free arcade games all the time.
Their list of games will whip any arcade fan into a nerd frenzy. They include:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter
Area 51 vs. Max Force
Ice Ball (like Skeeball)
Golden Tee 2012
NBA on NBC Showtime Gold
Street Fighter 1 & 2
Terminator 2 Pinball
Giant Connect 4
According to my gamer husband, Golden Tee is an especially hard game to find for free. It usually costs a few dollars per game to play. This bar also has some amazing specials, which you can check-out here and some pretty fun events. If only I had known about that Prohibition Party sooner. (I’m always looking for an excuse to break out the flapper dress.) So the next time you’re feeling nostalgic for some ’90s arcade games, why not take a little recess?
2 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- Whedon Watch: “In Your Eyes”
- Netflix Instant Pick of the Week: Rectify
- ATX Television Festival: Day Three: Roswell’s 15-year reunion
- ATX Television Festival: Day Two
- ATX Television Festival: Day One
- Tune into the ATX Television Festival This Weekend
- Odd Duck
- The Remembering Process made this Chickster time travel
- Netflix Instant Mother’s Day Pick of the Week: The Guilt Trip
- Chick Flick Picks: Fed Up and Neighbors
- Bookworm Reviews: Angel Sometimes and Austin Author Helen Ginger
- Chick Flick Picks: The Other Woman
- Beautimous: Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Guest Post: Yoga for Wellness #6
Buy Chickster t-shirts and more on CafePress!