Five Things We Love This Week
1) Obviously, the biggest thing happening this week (other than SXSW recovery) is the release of “The Hunger Games.” We kind of doubt the movie is going to be better than this Lana Del Ray parody:
2) And scarier than kids killing kids for food is this super-creative mash-up some dude named Pablo made of movie monsters and villains:
3) Speaking of SXSW, we are kicking ourselves that we slept through Glen Hansard’s early morning set for KUT at the Four Seasons. The Frames and Swell Season frontman is the most charming storyteller around.
4) Forget Peeta and Gale. We’re Team Brandon all the way.
5) So after all the hubbub of SXSW, maybe it’s a good time to embrace the philosophy writer Pico Iyer soulfully espouses in the New York Times. What’s the longest you’ve ever unplugged for?
2 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- Whedon Watch: “In Your Eyes”
- Netflix Instant Pick of the Week: Rectify
- ATX Television Festival: Day Three: Roswell’s 15-year reunion
- ATX Television Festival: Day Two
- ATX Television Festival: Day One
- Tune into the ATX Television Festival This Weekend
- Odd Duck
- The Remembering Process made this Chickster time travel
- Netflix Instant Mother’s Day Pick of the Week: The Guilt Trip
- Chick Flick Picks: Fed Up and Neighbors
- Bookworm Reviews: Angel Sometimes and Austin Author Helen Ginger
- Chick Flick Picks: The Other Woman
- Beautimous: Beauty Subscription Boxes
- Guest Post: Yoga for Wellness #6
Buy Chickster t-shirts and more on CafePress!