Five Things We Love This Week
1) Chick flicks have been on our brain (as you may have read in our review of “What’s Your Number?” this morning), so we were pretty thrilled to stumble across the awesome/smart/funny Mindy Kaling (aka Kelly Kapoor on “The Office”) waxing poetic about her unabashed love of romantic comedies in this week’s issue of The New Yorker.
2) Speaking of movies, we are thrilled about the arrival of fall movie season. Away with bombast and bad CGI; hello to movies with good stories! We missed you this summer. Fall movie season got off to a fantastic start with “Moneyball” and “Drive,” two very different but compelling movies that whetted our appetites for all the upcoming Oscar bait.
3) Which reminds us, all our thoughts on Ryan Gosling are best summed up by this letter penned to him on Hello Giggles. And this clip:
4) Someday Ryan Gosling may find himself on a new tumblr, that of the directly named Hot Old Men. We enjoyed perusing the site, even though we were a little surprised to find so many 40-something actors listed. Is 40 the new old?
5) It’s OK to like both hot old men and teen books, right? Right??? We hope so. Not only are we planning on hitting up the free Austin Teen Book Festival this weekend at the Palmer Events Center, but we also just finished and totally adored Spoiled, the oh-so-fun YA fiction debut of the Fug Girls (Jessica Morgan and Heather Cocks).
4 Comments + Add Comment
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Buy Chickster t-shirts and more on CafePress!